For private users:
Storage of any gas bottle must comply with the following safety regulations:
- If possible, store the gas bottle outside. If the gas bottle is not connected, always store it outside.
- Check whether all the valves of the gas bottles (empty as well as full ones) are closed well and provide all gas bottles with tightly sealed protection caps.
- Keep the gas bottles cool. Do not store the bottles near a source of heat or near inflammable materials.
- Make sure there is sufficient ventilation.
- Never store the gas bottles in the basement, near a cellar window, a drain hole or an opening that leads to a lower area and look out for drains and holes.
- Any defective gas bottle must be stored outside. Safely return the gas bottle to your local distributor so that he can take necessary actions.
- Gas bottles can be stored inside as long as they are connected.
- Preferably return gas bottles that you are no longer using as soon as possible to an Antargaz distributor.
- Read these tips for safe use of your gas bottle.
Want to know the safety regulations for professional users?